* The essential guide to this exciting new programming language and the first book on the topic, written by one of the creators of Water programming
* Water is a new, native Web service programming language that allows the developer to program in XML syntax, replacing the different languages of the various technologies required to build Web applications
* Shows readers how to greatly speed and simplify their Web applications and Web services development using Water
* Offers hands-on tutorials with more than 100 fully functional examples of Water applications
* Companion Web site provides additional information and connects the reader with an active user community
An in-depth guide to Water, a general-purpose programming language designed to build services and applications for the World Wide Web and for stand-alone programs. Written by the co-creator of the language, text includes hands-on tutorials and over 1,000 examples which include the source code and output. Organized into six parts, including Programming, Tools, and Interface. Softcover.
See all Editorial Reviews
Inside This Book (learn more)
XML IS A SYNTAX FOR REPRESENTING DATA. Read the first page Statistically Improbable Phrases (SIPs): (learn more)
mike plusch, source code pane, hypertext tag, following example returns, doc object, hypertext object, sql method, execution kinds, uri path, water language, object inspector, integer keys, starting object, nested object, xml string, local filesystem, math expression, content argument, active value, fluid variable, runtime engine, remote resource, field key Capitalized Phrases (CAPs): (learn more)
Water Web, Water Registry, Active Get, Water Identifier, Water Logic, Water Math, Water Import, Active Set, Water Database, Water Filesystem, Water Execute, Water Type, Water Sketch, Water Metafield, Water Protocol, Clear Methods, Water Active Value, Water Export, Water Script, Water Transform, Frequently Asked Questions, Hello World, Java Web Start, Water Namespace, Introducing Readable Regular Expressions New!
Books on Related Topics | Concordance | Text Stats Browse Sample Pages:
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover | Surprise Me!
Customer Discussions Beta (what's this?) Help
Amazon customers talk about this product and related topics.
ProductWiki: Product Information from Our Customers (What's this?)
Look for similar items by category
Look for similar items by subject
Amazon.com Home | Directory of All Stores
Our International Sites: Canada | United Kingdom | Germany | Japan | France | China
Help | Shopping Cart | Your Account | Sell Items | 1-Click Settings
Investor Relations | Press Room | Careers