Baltimore KeyTools is a comprehensive suite of security toolkits designed to enable you to build PKI-level security enforcement into your web-enabled applications, quickly and easily.
KeyTools provides the complete range of baseline cryptographic functionality and standard security protocols - SSL, S/MIME, XML DSig, etc. - as a set of packaged, documented modules. By abstracting the complex security processes from the low-level coding, KeyTools allows your developers to quickly and easily program in the appropriate security calls to your web applications, and focus more of their time on improving the important value-added aspects of application business logic.
KeyTools XML applies state-of-the-art cryptographic techniques needed for the creation of secure and trusted XML messages. This forms the basis for increasing acceptance and trust in XML based business transactions.
KeyTools XML v5.2 features include:
- Full support for the following W3C Recommendations:
- XML-Signature Syntax and Processing
- XML Encryption Syntax and Processing
- Canonical XML
- Exclusive XML Canonicalization
- Decryption Transform for XML Signature
- Full support for IETF RFC 2803: Digest Values for DOM (DOMHASH)
- Support for XPath, XPointer and XSLT when used with the Xalan XPath processor
- Pluggable and extensible framework for signature, MAC and digest algorithms
- Pluggable and extensible framework for key information types, embedded objects and signature properties
- Modular and extensible framework for reusing components of the XML signature framework in other environments
- KeyTools XML works with any Java 2 platform and when used with Java 2 version 1.4 requires no additional libraries (earlier versions of the Java 2 platform require an XML parser and security provider)
- Support for JCA/JCE based cryptography and KeyTools Pro's low-level PKCS11 API
- Flexible low-level API, combined with a simplified high-level API for common signature operations
- Support for KeyTools Pro v5.2 vault functionality
- Preliminary support for the Internet Draft: Additional XML Security URIs
When used with KeyTools Pro as cryptographic provider, KeyTools XML can act as a snap-in component accessing all of the cryptographic functionality and additional features offered by the KeyTools Pro toolkit. KeyTools Pro provides two APIs - JCE/JCA and vault. Combining KeyTools XML with KeyTools Pro offers a wider range of functionality (over and above using a pure JCE/JCA crypto provider).
KeyTools toolkits are available in both Java and C++ for the following platforms:- Windows, Solaris, HP-UX and Linux.
Baltimore offers very attractive licensing terms for KeyTools - including single application, multiple application and site licenses - for both enterprise use (either directly by your organization or via a Systems Integrator) and commercial use by Independent Software Vendors (ISVs).